“Hmm, that doesn’t look right.” Have you ever looked at something and caught yourself saying this? For example:
– Bigger individuals wearing clothes 3 sizes too small. (and visa versa)
– A dog and cat playing together.
– Children playing in mud puddles in an open field…during a lightening storm.
Earlier today, I was on the highway and noticed a new Cadillac on the side of the road with the hazard lights flashing. Next, I noticed the driver walking through the overgrown, grassy median. He bent over and picked something up. It was a blue, plastic storage bin (without the lid). I watched closely as he shook it out and examined it briefly before carrying it back to his car…….the new Cadillac!
It just struck me as funny. I actually chuckled out loud as I drove by. This guy owns a $50,000 luxury car, and took time to pull off the highway to salvage a $6.00 plastic box. It simply didn’t look right. It didn’t fit.
You know what else doesn’t look right?
Christians who don’t behave like we should outside of Church. (Ouch!) And I am including myself in that statement.
– Cutting ahead of you in the parking lot to get the spot you’ve been waiting for (with your blinker on).
– Not letting someone with 2 items ahead of you at the checkout line when you have a full grocery cart.
– Insisting on ruining the barista’s shift because they didn’t make your mocha latte just right.
A.W. Tozer put it this way…
“As the excellence of steel is strength, and the excellence of art is beauty, so the excellence of mankind is moral character.”
As believers, may our character be observed as that of Christ…both in and outside of the Church.