I’ve decided to do a 12 Days of Christmas countdown blog between now and Christmas. Each post will be a brief devotional reflection on the symbolism of the items named in this seemingly random song.
Twelve Drummers Drumming:
This reflects on the Apostle’s Creed, a historic statement of Christian beliefs. Below, those beliefs are listed.
I believe in…
1. God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.
2. Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord:
3. Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary:
4. Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried.
5. On the third day he rose again from the dead:
6. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father.
7. From there He will come to judge the living and the dead.
8. I believe in the Holy Ghost.
9. I believe in God’s Church: the communion of saints:
10. The forgiveness of sins.
1l. The resurrection of the body.
12. And everlasting life.
During this holiday season, these are great reminders to all of us who profess Jesus as our Lord and Savior…no matter what denomination we are affiliated with. Take some time today to meditate on these 12 statements of faith. Are there any that you have forgotten or struggle with? Which ones are most meaningful to you….and why? For me, Jesus is my hope and my sustenance. What is Jesus to you this Christmas?